Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What's the Greatest Motivator

I have always wondered, what’s the greatest motivator?

Is it …God as an entity, the devil, hell, pain, fear, religion, heaven, bliss,….what it is?

At a philosophical level – it could be anything; I guess it varies from individual to individual…

From a corporate standpoint, I believe its fear that works wonders….

I would like to clarify something here; fear need not always be bad, sometimes it is also good to be afraid;

As they say, the only thing that keeps you alive in a tough situation apart from hope is the fear of death; I m not saying that it ever has to get that extreme, however it’s a thought.

I say, fear is the greatest motivator, fear makes you a better worker, it makes you more alert, less lethargic, keeps you from drowning.

Now, the question is… how do we use this very powerful motivator and channel it in a positive way, into areas where required. An analogy I would like to use here is like; gasoline –is extremely volatile, flammable, however when used to fuel an engine, it becomes the very life and essence of it.

Just a thought….

I still oppose dictatorship and communism….

No comments: