Wednesday, October 19, 2005

getting your imagination running wild when your drunk is not the best thing, but we have a chinese exam comming to us in the next few days...feels like a jew in a concentration camp...now you know what it is to dig your own grave. For all it matters....this is what i think...Our Chinese prof, Who’s battled the chinkis at siachen and pakis at leh seems to have lost the war in getting us to attend his classes, his repeated refrain that learning the language is thee quickest way to become a millionaire, other than marrying a rich heiress or winning the Sikkim interstate lottery, seems to have fallen by the way side. The only time I am ever going to make the effort to learn the language is if I enrol at the Shaolin temple…. and spend my life there as a monk…. and the option I definitely prefer ……if I get to date Zhang Li the “hot… hot” Chinki model on ftv….as u people know they suck at English…..and a lot of other things!

I frankly don’t see myself working in a back office of sundaram fasteners or Chang and brothers in Nanking (I dint get placed at shanghai because my cgpa was too damn low…..) having sticky rice and steamed bamboo shoots for lunch, the only thing vaguely Indian they did have there was, curried python and eel masala…....I can vividly imagine the scene when I am invited to Mr. Ming’s, (my boss at nanking )…. house for dinner where I manage to charm him and his flirtatious British wife, Laura ( who greeted me rather mischievously, with a twinkle in her cerulean blue eyes… she asked me in her English twang “ Mr.Nischal is that a gun in your pocket or your just excited to see me”…. (make no mistake I wasn’t armed that day) …oblivious to the ignoramus Mr.Ming….Whose knowledge of English extended monosyllabically to the sentence…Mr.Nischal....U bad...u lazy…..u useless...he was just conforming to the universal rule…

Nic's Hypothesis: all the losers always…always have the most beautiful women around them …not vice-versa though.

After flooring Laura, in addition to wolfing down a whole roasted Peking duck, which by any standards is a Bonne Soir... a good evening ...the next day I expect to get my ticket to civilized Shangai…my promotion for yesterday nights exploits….instead I have been fired…It turns out thanks to the Chinese….. The professor at GreatLakes taught us and the urge to show of my linguistic skills….

In place of complimenting the curvaceous Jade vase from the Ming dynasty that my boss had in his living room, I ended up doing the same for the equally curvaceous Mrs. Ming… I guess...i got into a bit too much detail describing the beautiful “curves” of the vase …much to the chagrin of Mr.Ming …maybe I dint get the ‘tone’ (that prof. Krishnan stressed so much) right or something… ….I never did like the Chinese or their stupid cryptic language anyway……

One peg down…..two peg down…three peg down…..four…five…….seven down……and your demeanour changes……the world all of the sudden looks oooo so beautiful……sights are mellow…and hazy…sounds are an unending hummmm…….your in a deep meditative trance …oooooM…..

You want to be surrounded by the beautiful things of life……all things vaguely pretty, attracts you like scent of the sweetest smelling rose (so what would you do….hold your nose and stay away??)…….the gulti narcissist in you dies down…and you take a true Aryan persona….brash and bold …..not an iota of timidness……no lust…no hatred…no jealousy…..no thoughts….just a sense of pleasant awareness of being…….

What did I do that moment ?...i don’t know……I am a selective amnesiac…..what do you think I did, if I perceive as I did ???.........

The next day you know you acted like a clown……

but deep down you don’t feel bad…you had a blast……and you know very well, you’ll do it again……and again… (till you lose all your acquaintances)

You pick up your cell…..dial you’re girls number and tell her the date at C.D is cancelled…”.sorry baby I have a hangover…things don’t look beautiful to me anymore….i am game only when I start counting….one peg…two peg…three peg…four peg…..on and on…… “

(let the ‘old monk’ lead you to nirvana and ‘cask’ away you’re ‘old’ problems …..hic hic hurray)!

No comments: